The policy covers information that we may collect via:
- This website
- Messages you send us by email, text, and online forms
- Any other form of electronic messages you send us
It does not include information that we collect offline or via any other means such as a third-party application, even if it is accessible from our site.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, and your continued use of the site following changes constitutes your consent to those changes. So you should regularly check this policy for changes.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
This site is not intended to be used by children under the age of 18. No one under 18 years of age may provide information on this website. We will not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide any information, transact any business, or use public comment features on this site. In the event that we receive personal information from someone under 18 years of age without parental consent, we will destroy that information.
Types of Information Collected
There are several types of information that we may collect from users of our site, including:
- Personal identifying information including name, address, email address, or phone number.
- Information that does not identify you but is about you.
- Data about your usage of the site, your internet connection, and the device you use to access the site.
Types of Information that You Provide Us
We may collect information that you provide to us, such as:
- Information you fill into online forms including information you provide for registration, subscriptions, online posts, and requests for services.
- Correspondence including email addresses
- Survey responses
- Transaction details
- Business inquiries or referral requests
Usage Details and Electronic Information
When you use our site, we may collect information about your site usage, such as:
- Traffic data
- Location data
- The resources that you use on the site
- Details about your computer and internet service including IP address, browser, and operating system.
How Your Information Gets Used
We may use your information for a variety of purposes including:
- To present our site and contents to you
- To send you the information, products, or services that you request
- For any purpose for which you provided the information or that we notified you of when you provided it.
- To notify you about accounts, subscriptions, and changes to our website or services.
- To meet our obligations and exercise our rights involving contracts, including billing and collection.
- Enabling you to participate in our siteâ€™s interactive features.
- For any additional purposes that you have consented to.
Disclosure of Information
Without restriction, we may disclose aggregated information or information that does not identify any individual. This information may be disclosed to:
- Affiliates and subsidiaries
- Contractors and other third parties who are under contractual agreements to keep personal information confidential, and to not use it for any purpose other than for which we disclose it.
- A successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, or other sale or transfer of our assets
In addition, this information may be disclosed for:
- Fulfilling the purpose for which you provided it.
- Any other purpose we inform you of when you provide the information
- Any other purpose that you consent to.
We may disclose your personal information when it is required to:
- Comply with the law, a legal process, court order, or any government or regulatory request.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, clients, or others, including for purposes of risk reduction and fraud protection.
Choices About Information Use and Disclosure
We want to give you choices about the personal information you provide. If you desire, you can set your browser to reject some or all browser cookies or inform you when cookies are sent. Visit the Adobe website to find directions on how to change your Flash cookie settings.
Please note, if you disable cookies, some parts of this site may not work properly or may be inaccessible.
We take measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss or unauthorized access. That includes storing this information on secure servers behind firewalls. We also encrypt all information provided through referral forms or web portals.
You are also responsible for the security of your information. When you have a password to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. We encourage you never to share your password with anyone.
Due to the nature of the Internet, although we take protective measures, it is impossible to guarantee the security of your information. For that reason, any transmission of information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for the circumvention of our security measures.
Changes to Our Policy
Notification of Breach
We understand that PIPEDA defines a â€œbreach of security safeguardsâ€ as the loss of, unauthorized access to, or unauthorized disclosure of personal information resulting from a breach of an organizationâ€™s security safeguards that are referred to in PIPEDA, or from a failure to establish those safeguards.
We comply with PIPEDA requirements to report and notify of breaches with a real risk of significant harm, and maintain records of all breaches.
We report any breach that involves personal information in our control, if it is reasonable to believe that the breach creates a â€œ real risk of significant harmâ€.
We determine whether a breach involves a real risk of significant harm based on the sensitivity of the information, and the probability that it has been or will be misused.
Our records include information to enable the OPC to verify compliance. That includes:
- Date or estimated date that the breach occurred
- A description of the circumstances
- The type of information involved
- Whether the breach was reported to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and the affected individuals.
- If the breach was not reported, a brief explanation of why the breach did not pose a â€œreal risk of significant harm.â€
The following are terms, conditions, and disclaimers for use of our site. Your use of the site is considered, and is conditional upon, your acceptance of and compliance with these policies.
This website is for personal use. You can not resell materials from our site, or use the site to infringe on the rights of other users, Assurance Medical Services, or our affiliates.
In addition, you agree that you will not:
- Interfere in any way with the siteâ€™s operation
- Interfere with othersâ€™ enjoyment of the site
- Harass anyone using our site
- Impersonate anyone using our site
- Reverse engineer any component of the site
- Copy, modify, reproduce, or commercially exploit the site in any way
The information and materials from this site are provided on a â€œwithout any warrantiesâ€ basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind. The information may no longer be up to date, and you use it at your sole risk. We also make no warranties that the information will meet your needs or that it will be available without interruption, or without error. We make no warranty as to the results that come from the use of the site materials or to its accuracy or reliability.
Other Terms and Conditions
Links and Third-Party Content
For your convenience, our site may include links to third-party websites. These links are not an endorsement or recommendation. If you use these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. These links also do not imply that Assurance Medical Services or our site is associated or affiliated with sites accessible through the links, or that any linked sites have the authorization to use any trademark, logo, or trade name of Assurance Medical Services.
This site may contain information provided by third parties. You agree that Assurance Medical Services does not have any liability to you for any such information.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Assurance Medical Services be liable to you or a third party for damages whatsoever and howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with your use or misuse of the site. That includes any direct, indirect, punitive, reliance, special, incidental, loss of profits, or any other non-direct damages. This applies whether or not Assurance Medical Services has been advised of the possibility of these damages or they are reasonably foreseeable.
Copyright Â© 2019 Assurance Medical Services all rights reserved. This site contains information, software, images, graphics, and other materials and services.
You agree that this content and its arrangement and other site features are protected by intellectual and industrial property rights. Users are given a limited license to display or print this content for personal non-commercial use, as long as the content is not modified. Any other use of this content is prohibited. It may not otherwise be republished or reproduced without our prior written consent.
If you require any further information, please contact:
Assurance Medical Services
Suite 100 – 6610 Turner Valley Road
Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 2P1